Shepherd pie with tuna- Recipe by coolinarika.com -
Shepherd cuisine with its romantic ingredients shall bring a breath of the past, and when serving this pie with potato and tuna fish use the antique bowls to bring the Mediterranean tradition to your dear guests.
- Peel the potatoes and boil them in salted water.
- Drain, run through a strainer, add butter, milk and 160 g grated gauda cheese.
- Stir well and cover to remain hot.
- Heat olive oil in a small frying pan, add finely chopped onion and fry on a medium-high heat.
- When the onion becomes golden-yellow colour add celery stalks cut into slices and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add chopped tomato, tomato puree, Vegeta and fry gently for 10-15 minutes, until all the liquid has evaporated and it had become dense.
- Add strained beans and tuna, stir gently and transfer it to a greased fire-proof pan (Ø 20-26 cm).
- Smooth the mixture and arrange on top the prepared puree.
- Salt with the remaining grated cheese and put it in a pre-heated oven at 210 °C for ca. 20 minutes or until the puree gets its nice roasted golden yellow crust.
Serving: Serve hot.
Advice: The baking pan should be as narrow as possible and high at least some 10 cm so that the pie would preserve its succulence and rich fresh flavour.
|Energy||234 kcal / 978 kJ|
|Total fat||27,13 g|
|Total carbohydrates||39,50 g|
|Diet fibres||9,64 g|
|Total proteins||30,83 g|
|Vitamin A||1.881,00 μg|
|Vitamin D||145,62 μg|
|Pantoten acid||1,19 mg|
|Per 100 g of product||Source: Podravka d.d.|