R&D department development since 1958 till today.
- 1958 – technological-analytical group was founded in the production department and it was tightly related to the control laboratory. It basic task was to keep track of production and development innovations. This group was led by prof. Zlata Bartl.
- 1962 – R&D sector was founded, and it consisted of three parts: Product range expansion, Capital investment department and Professional library.
- 1964-1965 – the construction of the Research center is started and completed.
- 1966 – Podravka gets one of the most modern industrial laboratories in former Yugoslavia. Basis was thus created for faster realization of product and other innovations.
- 1985 – microbiological laboratory gets the reward "7th November 1943" for achieved results in the area of hygienic food validity and quality control in food industry, as an important award for self-control system.
- 1998 – Research & Development is a part of the Technology sector, together with Production, Procurement and Logistics.
- 2008 – new semi-industrial scale-up laboratory opened for the development of prototypes, find more in part tehnology
- 2012. – re-establishment of the Research and Development (R&D) Sector as an independent organisational unit
- 2012 – nutraceuticals development project launched within the R&D Sector, in 2017 this becomes a part of Belupo
- 2014 – Podravka Nutritional Strategy for 2014 – 2024 adopted
- 2013 – development of culinary research begins within the Nutrition and Sensory Service
- 2020 – Podravka's innovative product of a unique mixture of mineral salts with 35% less sodium, recognised as patent no. EP3349594, was commercialised under the trade name Salut
- 2020 – new Zlata Bartl Laboratory for culinary and sensory research opened
- 2020 – first R&D project co-financed from the EU funds, entitled “Development of innovative products from the by-products of vegetable processing”
Source: Podravka History, Dragutin Feletar, 1980; Podravka's archives