Tempura- Recipe by coolinarika.com -
Tempura is commonly known today as a Japanese meal. But the history of gastronomy mentions that tempura was actually brought in the 17th century to the Land of the Rising Sun by Portuguese missionaries.
- Leave the shrimps for a short while in the freezer, and then remove their tails and clean their shells.
- Wash the vegetables and the mushrooms, dry and cut them into sticks (peel the skin off the pepper).
- Put the flour into a deep pot, mix with baking powder, add egg-whites and very cold water, and use the whisk to mix it all together to get liquid pastry. Put the pastry in the refrigerator for a short while.
- In a deep pan heat up the oil at about 180°C. Sprinkle vegetables with Vegeta and mix.
- Take the vegetables with your hands, put it into pastry and then into hot oil. Frying should last for a very short while. Do the same with the shrimps.
- Remove the fried vegetables and the shrimps with a punctured spoon and put on kitchen towel to absorb the fat.
Serving: Serve immediately on warm plates, sprinkled with soy sauce.
Advice: Choose the vegetables for the tempura according to season.
Little secret: If the mixture for dipping gets warm during preparation, chill the dish with ice.
|Energy||798 kcal / 3.336 kJ|
|Total fat||25,50 g|
|Total carbohydrates||102,32 g|
|Diet fibres||5,49 g|
|Total proteins||37,63 g|
|Vitamin A||7.877,00 μg|
|Vitamin D||143,20 μg|
|Vitamin E||19,02 mg|
|Vitamin C||34,57 mg|
|Per 100 g of product||Source: Podravka d.d.|