Beef Ribs and Sauerkraut- Recipe by coolinarika.com -
Slow-cooked beef ribs, marinated or glazed with a bit of honey or maple syrup, and finished with sauerkraut mixed with tiny bits of pickled jalapeños make a deeply satisfying meal on a cold winter day.
- Pour Vegeta Marinade and oil on the beef ribs to coat them on all sides. Wrap in tin foil and transfer to a roasting tray. Let stand for about 30 minutes. Pop the roasting tray into the oven and slowly bake at 160 °C for 2.5 hours.
- Meanwhile, rinse the sauerkraut and add to a pot of boiling water flavoured with one beefstock cube. Cook for 40 minutes.
- Drain the cooking water, add oil, bay leaf and finely chopped jalapeños to the sauerkraut, season with salt and pepper to taste, and toss well.
- Unwrap the beef ribs and remove the foil. Return to the roasting tray and arrange sauerkraut on top of the beef ribs.
- Return to the oven, roast for another 15 to 20 minutes, and serve.
Advice: You can brush a little bit of honey or maple syrup to glaze the beef ribs before roasting.
|Energy||881 kcal / 3.683 kJ|
|Total fat||55,27 g|
|– od toga: zasićene masne kiseline||19,53 g|
|Mono non-saturated fatty acids||22,23 g|
|Polysaturated fatty acids||8,75 g|
|Total carbohydrates||55,32 g|
|Diet fibres||1,15 g|
|Vitamin A||29,00 μg|
|Vitamin D||32,00 μg|
|Pantoten acid||1,65 mg|
|Per 100 g of product||Source: Podravka d.d.|