“Pašticada” with gnocchi- Recipe by coolinarika.com -
Quite a representative Dalmatian specialty in its simplified version comes to many tables, and according to this recipe you can prepare it for a particularly selected occasion and particular company.
- Wash and wipe the meat and prick it with bacon strips. Add enough salt, coat with mustard and oil and leave to stand at least for 2 hours or over night.
- Sear the meat from all sides in hot oil. Take it out of the pan and use the same oil to sauté the chopped onions, garlic and vegetables. Return the meat into the pan, add Vegeta and sauté with the lid on for about 2 hours, occasionally adding small amounts of water and wine mixture.
- When the meat is half soft, add tomato concentrate, then washed prunes and figs and an apple cut into fourths.
- Near the end of cooking, stir in the bay leaf, rosemary, thyme, add pepper and some salt.
- Take the meat out, carve it into slices and put on a heated plate, press the vegetables with sauce, cook and pour over the meat.
- For gnocchi, peal the potatoes and press while they are still hot. Add flour, butter, egg and salt. Knead the dough, divide to two or three parts, shape into a roll and cut pieces of the same size.
- Cook the gnocchi in a salted boiling water for 10 minutes and drain.
Serving: As a side dish to pašticada use cooked gnocchi.
Advice: Into drained sauce you can add resins soaked in prosecco, if you like.
|Energy||774 kcal / 3.235 kJ|
|Total fat||37,10 g|
|Total carbohydrates||40,80 g|
|Diet fibres||4,31 g|
|Total proteins||63,57 g|
|Vitamin A||4.858,94 μg|
|Vitamin D||26,84 μg|
|Vitamin C||23,70 mg|
|Per 100 g of product||Source: Podravka d.d.|