As in the past, we are committed to maintaining the highest standards of ethical behaviour and responsible corporate governance. We are proud of the integrity and commitment of our employees, managers and management. Our products are synonymous with the quality we built and preserved consumer confidence. Their safety and health are in the first place. We follow and constantly adjust to their desires, needs and demands. Mutual respect, trust and cooperation are the basis of good relations with our suppliers and business partners. Through our production, we are trying to consume as little non-renewable resources as possible and produce less waste, and we especially take care of environmental protection.
In order to meet the challenges that sustainable development brings, in 2015, we established the Department for Sustainable Development.
Among the large number of responsibilities the Department carries out is the preparation of the annual non-financial report. Non-financial reporting is the first impetus and step for many companies to manage their environmental and social impacts. How companies learn to better recognise and understand their environmental and social impacts, they will increasingly understand their possible contributions to the improvement and sustainability of their business.
We apply the new GRI (Global Reporting Initiative) Sustainability Reporting Standards that represent the world's best practice of non-financial reporting of organisations on their economic, environmental and social impacts.
Non-financial reporting compliant with GRI Standards must include the following:
- Principles of reporting for determining the content and quality of the report
- General information about the organization and its practices of sustainability reporting
- Access to organizational management for any material topic of sustainability
- Information on the organization's impacts related to economic, environmental and social material issues (eg material issues for the sustainability of an organization can include Indirect Economic Impacts, Waste, Employment, Employee Relations and Management, Health and Safety at Work, etc.).
Each year, we determine the Team for the development of the Report on the sustainable development of the Podravka Group, which consists of representatives of all sectors within Podravka, representatives of Belupo and representatives of the Slovenian Žito.
In 2016, we won the Green Frog Award for the greatest progress in reporting, which recognised the efforts we are making in sustainable development and reporting on our activities.
Among future activities that we plan to carry out, these stand out
- Stronger integration of sustainable development into business strategy and decision making
- Corporate management of environmental and social impacts of business
Sustainable development for us represents:
A balance of economic priorities
Strengthening the society