Podravka’s Nutritional strategy is our guide in developing new and revitalising existing product recipes, in order to ensure a high quality, delicious product with adequate nutritional value for any occasion.
Podravka has been in our homes for more than 70 years. Even then, our goal was to produce high quality food of controlled origin that is quick and easy to prepare.
Podravka’s motto “Always with heart” has always meant nurturing the closest ties with our consumers.
Through ongoing monitoring of the dietary habits and needs of consumers on different markets, thanks to Podravka’s expert teams, we have developed products for the entire day (meals and snacks) and for every occasion (in the home, in nature, in the office, between meetings, at the movies, etc.).
We are dedicated to protecting health and contributing to changing poor dietary habits in families, which is why we developed the Podravka Nutritional strategy, where we are committed to:
- reducing the content of saturated and trans-fatty acids, salts (sodium) and sugars in our products,
- optimizing products with nutrients that ensure health and well-being,
- in the development of new products, focusing on children, the elderly, consumers with special dietary needs, supporting the health of digestive system, supporting achieving and maintaining a healthy body weight, and healthy lifestyle,
- providing consumers with accurate and important information about our products via packaging and promotional activities,
- educating and indicating the importance of nutritional value of meals and portion sizes.
Podravka’s Nutritional strategy is our guide in developing new and revitalising existing product recipes, in order to ensure a high quality, delicious product with adequate nutritional value for any occasion. We achieve this through the synergy of Podravka’s internal potential and cooperation with external experts and you, the consumer, who has supported us all these years.
Results of implementing the Nutritional Strategy in the period 2014 – 2020 are:
- the share of salt in Podravka’s savoury product line reduced by 160 tonnes
- the share of sugar in Podravka’s sweet product line reduced by 764 tonnes
- nutritional profiles developed for 29 categories of Podravka products, as a basis for developing nutritionally balanced innovative, new food products (the nutritional profile is the recommended criteria for the micro- and macronutrient content per 100 g or per 100 ml, and/or per serving, based on the global public health recommendations, the Podravka Nutritional Strategy for 2014 – 2024 and the Development Plans for innovative, new products)
- All trans-fats have been removed from the entire product line of breakfast cereals, cream spreads and snacks
- the “Salut” product has been developed, commercialised and patented, as a mixture of mineral salts containing 35% less sodium
- only sustainable palm oil bearing the RSPO certificate (Round Table on Sustainable Palm Oil) is used in the sweet hazelnut cream spreads, dehydrated bouillon cubes, soups and food preparation mixtures.